Posts Tagged ‘sullen art collective’
Sullen Artist James Kern is the owner of No Hope No Fear Tattoo Art Studio and we’re proud to have him on the #Sullen Art Collective Team. Known for complex, and highly detailed color tattoos, James and his work has been featured in magazines around the world and teaches seminars about tattooing in the U.S. and Europe and has won many awards for his work.
We’re proud to have Tattoo Artist James Kern on the Sullen Art Collective Team.
- 2/21 – 2/23 Motor City Expo (Detroit, Michigan)
- 3/7 – 3/9 Australian Tattoo & Body Art Expo (Moore Park, Sydney)
- 3/21 – 3/23 Musink (Costa Mesa, California)
- 4/11 – 4/13 International Tattoo Con (Frankfurt, Germany)
- 4/25 – 4/27 Baltimore Tattoo Convention (Baltimore, Maryland)
- 6/13 – 6/15 Dortmund Tattoo Convention (Dortmund, Germany)
- 8/1 – 8/3 Pacific Ink And Art Expo (Oahu, Hawaii)
- 8/9 – 8/11 Seattle Tattoo Expo (Seattle, Wash)
- 8/29 – 9/1 Boston Tattoo Convention (Boston, MA)
- 9/5 – 9/8 Montreal Tattoo Expo (Montreal, Canada)
- 9/19 – 9/21 Steel City Tattoo Convention (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 9/26 – 9/28 London Tattoo Convention (London, UK)
- 10/18 – 10/21 Alberta Bound Tattoo Festival (Calgary, CA)
“Tattoo as I see it” by Jeff Gogue
So I spent some time and watched Jeff Gogue’s new DVD “Tattoo as I see it.” First this is not a how to video so don’t get your hopes up there. But it is filled with tons of information for tattooers to do better tattoos. He breaks down narrative, color, light source, subject matter, but in a way that can apply to any style artists. It’s a very personal journey that you find yourself going through, as if it you are having a personal conversation with him about his deep beliefs in art, tattoo and life.
One of the things I found very insightful was how he handles his clients and their bodies and how it relates to how his tattoos are laid out. It’s really cool to see how much thought goes into every tattoo. This DVD is more about being the best artist you can be and you will be left inspired to make better tattoos, care about your clients more, the art you do. If you are a tattooer who is constantly trying to be better in life and art then go buy this DVD today, and watch it often. It should be required viewing for anyone wanting a career in Tattooing. Jeff is one of a kind. ”Be inspiring instead of being inspired” – Jeff Gogue.
I have an appointment with him soon, will report back the play by play of the process. – Smith
Today we go back to 2 years ago this day to Ink Addicts Tattoo where we caught up with Sullen Art Collective member Alan Padilla doing what he does best on our boy Rev Barnes. (more…)